In Episode 31 Stevie and Luc interview Ali Dark, inventor of Australia's very own vegan cheese, Notzarella. In news they discuss the failure of animal welfare reforms in both live export and on shore slaughter, e. coli in exported meat, kangaroo culling, and the sinister bill proposed in the UK to use stray cats and dogs in scientific experiments.
Team Earthling is an independent Australian vegan podcast and blog dedicated to the idea that animals are not ours to use. We are entirely backed by our readers and listeners. If you'd like to support independent voices dedicated to ending the enslavement of non-human animals, please consider making a donation.
- UK government opens laboratories to lost pets, protects secrecy and allows poisoning and electrocution
- Animal activists set to disrupt kangaroo culling in ACT
- Live Export
- Animal activists slam live export report
- Gillard supports the live export trade and does not believe that the new Export Supply Chain Assurance Scheme (ESCAS) has failed
- Police tighten security at port in Broome fearing animal activists
- E. Coli found in meat exported from Australia to the U.S.
- NSW red meat slaughterhouses are non-compliant
- Multiple deficiencies uncovered in NSW abattoirs
- Animal groups critical of the reform
- Media release from Katrina Hodgkinson stating that welfare officers will be industry appointed
- Awful article celebrating pork consumption
Food and Booze: