In Episode 47, Luc and Stevie look at the resurgence of fur in fashion and the industry's co-option of the language of sustainability. They also discuss the RSPCA's "humane" food survey, the disconnect between various forms of the same violence, racism and imperialism in live export conversation, a study that shows Monsanto corn causes cancer in rats (no word yet on what it will do to humans), and the connection between veganism and simplification.
In Compassion Corner, they looks at the work of Breeze Harper in making the connection between sexism, class, rascism, colonialism, and veganism.
Team Earthling is an independent Australian vegan podcast and blog dedicated to the idea that animals are not ours to use. We are entirely backed by our readers and listeners. If you'd like to support independent voices dedicated to ending the enslavement of non-human animals, please consider making a donation.
Stevie's article in One Green Planet
- Why I'm Happy to Wear Fur
- RSPCA's 'humane' food survey
- 7 Kangaroos shot dead, council cries ‘animal cruelty’
- Australia feels that it’s its place to continue to tell other countries what to do with animals
- Study on rats finds Monsanto GMO Corn is toxic